- Richard Newman (d. 1619) m. 1594? Elizabeth (____) Sheldrick (d. 1641); Banbury, Oxon, England
- Rev. Samuel Newman (16021663) m. 1624? Sybil Featley (1604?1672); Midhope, Yorkshire, Eng.; Weymouth, Rehoboth, Mass.
- Rev. Antipas Newman (1629?1672) m. 1658 Elizabeth Winthrop (16361716); Wenham, Mass.
- Dr. John Newman (16601720) m. 1683 Ruth Emerson (1660aft. 1725); Gloucester, Mass.
- Ann Newman (16931736) m. 1723 Dr. David Plummer (16961748); Gloucester, Mass.
Sources and abridged essay
There is no authoritative treatment of my complete line of descent from this family in print. The first two generations are the subject of a recent essay by this writer,
Samuel¹ Newman of Dorchester and Weymouth, Massachusetts, and Rehoboth, Plymouth Colony, His Origin and Early Career, New England Historical and Genealogical Register 176 (2022): 259-72.
Its summary section is based on an earlier version of the PDF essay linked
below, summarizing research in documentary sources. This version of the PDF is limited to facts not fully set out in print.
Although I necessarily pursue only one child in each family, I also attempt to provide basic chronological information on all of my ancestors other children and their spouses.
No additional information on the Featley family is available at this time.
Austin W. Spencer | email: email@example.com