- (poss.) Francis Seaborne alias Plomer (d. ca. 1612) m. ____; Wotton under Edge, Gloucestershire, Eng.
- Francis Plummer (ca. 15941673) m. (1) Ruth ____ (d. 1647); Newbury, Mass.
- Joseph Plummer (ca. 1630aft. 1706) m. 1652 Sarah Cheney (1636aft. 1692); Newbury, Mass.
- Joseph Plummer (16541728) m. 1685 Hannah Jewett (d. ca. 1731); Newbury, Mass.
- Dr. David Plummer (16961748) m. (1) 1723 Ann Newman (ca. 16921736); Gloucester, Mass.
- Dr. Samuel Plummer (17251778) m. (4) 1763 Anna (Stevens) Sanders (b. 1739); Gloucester, Mass.
- Capt. William Stevens Plummer (17661800) m. 1796 Catherine Marriot Stetson (ca. 17781828); Gloucester, Boston, Mass.
- Catherine Marriot Plummer (17981841) m. (1) 1825 William Perkins Matchett Jr. (18051834); Brighton, Mass.; Cincinnati, Ohio
This line is largely taken from Sidney Perley,
The Plumer Genealogy, Historical Collections of the Essex Institute 50-51 (1914-15). The series was later collected and published as The Plumer Genealogy (Salem, Mass.: Essex Institute, 1917), which contains substantially the same information. A promising inquiry into the English origin of the family appears in John Plummer,
New Light on Francis¹ Plummer of Massachusetts: A Test of Tradition and Conventional Wisdom, National Genealogical Society Quarterly 83 (1995): 112-23, but I find the evidence for Plummers proposed English origin less than conclusive.
Austin W. Spencer | email: firstname.lastname@example.org