- Richard Trott (d. bef. 1571) m. Joanna ____; Pitminster, Somerset, Eng.
- Robert Trott (d. 1599) m. Honora ____ (d. 1627); Pitminster, Somerset, Eng.
- Richard Treat (1584ca. 1670) m. 1615 Alice Gaylord (b. 1594); Pitminster, Somerset, Eng.; Wethersfield, Conn.
- Gov. Robert Treat (16251710) m. (1) 1647 Jane Tapp (16281703); Milford, Conn.
- Hannah Treat (16611708) m. ca. 1676 Rev. Samuel Mather (16511728); Branford, Windsor, Conn.
The most comprehensive work on this family is John Harvey Treat, The Treat Family: A Genealogy of Trott, Tratt, and Treat for Fifteen Generations, and Four Hundred and Fifty Years in England and America (Salem, Mass.: Salem Press Publishing & Printing Company, 1893), but recent research by Robin Bush has thrown the parentage of Richard Trott into doubt. This study is described in Search for the Passengers of the Mary & John, 1630, vol. 27 (Toledo, Ohio: Burton W. Spear, 2000), 63-75.
Austin W. Spencer | email: firstname.lastname@example.org