- Robert Swain (ca. 14971557) m. ____; Binfield, Berks., Eng.
- William Swain (ca. 15271610) m. 1567 Joan (Dee) Miller (d. 1601); Binfield, Berks., Eng.
- William Swain (15671630) m. ____; Binfield, Berks., Eng.
- Richard Swain (15951682) m. (1) 1617 Basill Saunders (d. 1657); Binfield, Easthamstead, Berks., Eng.; Hampton, N. H.; Nantucket, Mass.
- John Swain (1634bef. 1714) m. 1660 Mary Weare (d. aft. 1679); Hampton, N. H.; Nantucket, Mass.
- Mary Swain (16611714) m. bef. 1682 Joseph Nason (ca. 1648bef. 1714); Nantucket, Mass.
This lineage is based on Clifford L. Stott,
The English Origin of Richard¹ Swaine of Hampton, New Hampshire, and Nantucket, American Genealogist 74 (1999): 241-9, and on
Vital Records of Nantucket, Massachusetts, to the Year 1850, 5 vols. (Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 192328), 5:461.
The immigrant Richards probable first marriage, from a parish not adjacent to Binfield, is reported in Randy A. West,
Updates from English Records for Some Great Migration Immigrants Who Came by 1635, New England Historical and Genealogical Register 172 (2018): 245-7, 353-9; 173 (2019): 187-90, at 173:189.
No additional information on the Dee and Saunders families is available at this time.
Austin W. Spencer | email: email@example.com