- Richard Woodward (d. 1665) m. (1) Rose ____ (ca. 15821662); Watertown, Mass.
- George Woodward (d. 1676) m. (1) Mary ____ (d. ca. 1659); Watertown, Mass.
- Sarah Woodward (1643aft. 1707) m. ca. 1664 Stephen Gates (ca. 16341707); Cambridge, Stow, Mass.
- George Woodward (1643aft. 1707) m. (2) 1659 Elizabeth Hammond (ca. 1634aft. 1675); Watertown, Mass.
- Elizabeth Woodward (1664aft. 1707) m. 1693 Samuel Eddy (16681746); Watertown, Mass.
Perhaps the single best source on this family is Mary Frances Pierce, transcr.,
A Manuscript Genealogy Made by Rev. Samuel Woodward, Who Died in Weston, Oct. 5, 1782, New England Historical and Genealogical Register 50 (1896): 300-2.
Alternatively, the researcher may turn to the detailed summaries in Henry Bond, Genealogies of the Families and Descendants of the Early Settlers of Watertown, Massachusetts, Including Waltham and Weston, 2nd ed., 2 vols. (Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 185560), 1:657-67, 2:968-74, and Lindsay S. Reeks, Woodward/Woodard Ancestors of New England (Baltimore: Gateway Press, Inc., 1995).
Austin W. Spencer | email: firstname.lastname@example.org