- Marselis Janse Van Bommel (d. bef. 1700) m. Annetie Gerrits (d. 1702?); Albany, N. Y.
- Ahasuerus Marselis (d. aft. 1739) m. 1697 Sara Heemstraat (d. aft. 1723); Albany, Schenectady, N. Y.
- Gerrit Marselis (1706aft. 1760) m. (1) ____; Schenectady, Stone Arabia, N. Y.
- Suerus Misseles (ca. 1728aft. 1791) m. (1) Anna Maria ?Boyer (d. aft. 1776); Stone Arabia, Schoharie, N.Y.; Williamsburgh, Ont.
- Sarah Misseles (17721841) m. 1793 Henrich Johannes Boyer (17731861); German Flatts, Manheim, N. Y.
On this family, there appears to be no satisfactory account of descendants in the male lines even prior to the American Revolution. The placement of Suerus Marselis, in particular, is sometimes confused by scholars who have not studied the earlier records in depth. In 1978, for example, Maryly B. Penrose identified Suerus with Ahasuerus4 (Johannes3, Ahasuerus2, Marselis1 Janse), who had married Maria Vrooman in 1750. This account fails to account for the parentage of Sueruss daughter Sarah, who was born in 1772. At that date Ahasuerus was still living at Schenectady, together with Maria and all of their children. This family has no birth-interval interruptions that would allow for the births of any children elsewhere, let alone Sarah. My own account of her ancestry appears in the PDF essay linked below. Although I necessarily pursue only one child in each generation, I also attempt to provide basic chronological information on all of my ancestors other children and their spouses.
No additional information on the ancestors of Annetie Gerrits is available at this time.
Austin W. Spencer | email: email@example.com