- Francis Brayton (d. 1692) m. Mary ____ (d. aft. 1690); Portsmouth, R. I.
- Stephen Brayton (d. aft. 1690) m. 1678 Ann Tallman (ca. 1658aft. 1690); Portsmouth, R. I.
- Stephen Brayton (16861753) m. 1709 Patience Nason (ca. 16851746); Portsmouth, Newport, R. I.
- Isaac Brayton (17131743) m. 1738 Mary Sanford (b. 1719); Newport, R. I.
- Stephen Brayton (17411831) m. (1) Amie Arnold (17401795); Smithfield, R. I.; Cheshire, Mass.; Fairfield, N. Y.
- Phebe Brayton (17671830) m. 1794 John Brown (17711863); Adams, Mass.
The most comprehensive work on this surname is Clifford Ross Brayton, Brayton Family History, 2 vols. (Rochester, N. Y., 197882). Though it generally agrees with original records, the book contains some erroneous details. In any case, my research was largely concluded by the time I first reviewed this book. The PDF document linked below summarizes my own reserach. Although I necessarily pursue only one child in each family, I also attempt to provide basic chronological information on all of my ancestors other children and their spouses.
Austin W. Spencer | email: email@example.com