- Felix Zimmerman (b. ca. 1555) m. ____; Wattenwil, kt. Bern, Switzerland
- Benedict Zimmerman (1580aft. 1631) m. ca. 1608 Dorothea Thoenen (d. aft. 1631); Wattenwil, kt. Bern, Switzerland
- Henrich Zimmerman (b. 1619) m. 1641 Benedicta Wenger (b. 1618); Wattenwil, kt. Bern, Switzerland
- Henrich Zimmerman (ca. 1646aft. 1690) m. 1671 Anna Megert (d. aft. 1690); Wattenwil, kt. Bern, Switzerland
- Heinrich Zimmerman alias Henry Carpenter (1673ca. 1749) m. Salome Rufener (16751742); Lancaster Co., Pa.
- Dr. Henry Carpenter (17141773) m. Susannah Forney (d. 1785); Earl Twp., Lancaster Co., Pa.
- Abraham Carpenter (17541829) m. 1776 Esther Haeffer (ca. 17551833); Earl Twp., Lancaster Co., Pa.
- Elizabeth Carpenter (17771821) m. ca. 1796 Jacob Weidler (17751814); Earl Twp., Lancaster Co., Pa.
Edwin Sawyer Walker, ed., Genealogical Notes of the Carpenter Family, Including the Autobiography, and Personal Reminiscences of Dr. Seymour D. Carpenter, Lieutenant Colonel, in the War for the Union. With Genealogical and Biographical Appendix (Springfield: Illinois State Journal Co., Printers, 1907), 176, 195, 199, gives a basic, not very detailed outline of this family. Elizabeth V. Meredith, Michael Weidler: His Antecedents and Descendants (Houston, Tex., 1987), 317, fills in some details on the last two generations. Meredith overlooks the marriage of Elizabeth Carpenters parents, but this is found in F. Edward Wright and Robert L. Hess, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania Church Records of the 18th Century, 5 vols. (Westminster, Md., and Lewes, Del., 19942003), 3:118. The pre-American ancestry is taken from Richard Warren Davis, Emigrants, Refugees and Prisoners (an Aid to Mennonite Family Research), 3 vols. (Provo, Utah, 19959), 1:392-3 (Wenger), 404 (Zimmerman).
No additional information on the Haeffer, Megert, Rufener, Thoenen, and Wenger families is available at this time.
Austin W. Spencer | email: email@example.com