- Hans Georg Friedli (d. aft. 1729) m. ____; Mertzwiller, Alsace, France
- Hans Georg Friedli (ca. 1706aft. 1731) m. 1729 Maria Salome Blattner (1708aft. 1731); Mertzwiller, Alsace, France; Pa.
- Hans George Friddle (1731bef. 1805) m. (1) ____ (d. bef. 1796); Orange Co., N. C.
- Henry Friddle (d. aft. 1822) m. Barbara Lewis (d. aft. 1822); Orange Co., Guilford Co., N. C.
- Elizabeth Friddle (17941891) m. John Ludwick Clapp (17851862); Palestine, Ohio; Losantville, Ind.
The arrival of Hans Georg Friedli was first documented by Ralph Beaver Strassburger, Pennsylvania German Pioneers:
A Publication of the Original Lists of Arrivals in the Port of Philadelphia from 1727 to 1808, ed. William John Hinke, 2 vols. (1934;
reprint, Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc., 1980), 1:47-53. His family consisted of his wife and two sons: Lorentz and Hans
Georg. The identification of the younger Georg is with the testator of 1796 is widely accepted, on the grounds that he was joined by
Lorentz as an early member of the Brick Church in eastern Guilford County. See Marie Sellers, Church Records of
Early German Reformed Church Located in Guilford County, North Carolina, 17711935, Kansas DAR Genealogical Records Committee
Report, ser. 1, vol. 85 (1945), 10, no. 45, and 72 (26 May 1776). Limited information on the familys European background appears
in Annette Kunselman Burgert, Eighteenth Century Emigrants from the Northern Alsace to America (Camden, Me.: Picton Press, 1992), 177.
The basic records for the American generations are Randolph Co., Ind., Record of Deaths, 2:31, Indiana State Library,
Indianapolis; Katherine Wilke, comp., Newspaper Death Records, Darke County, Ohio, 4 vols. (Union City, Ind., 19689), 3:45,
from Greenville Democrat, 6 May 1891;
Sellers, Church Records of
Brick Church, 47, no. 348 (1822); and Laura Willis, transcr., Orange County, N.C.
Wills, Vol. 5 (Aug. 1800Feb. 1806) (Melber, KY: Simmons Historical Publications, 2000), 91.
No additional information on the Lewis family is available at this time.
Austin W. Spencer | email: firstname.lastname@example.org