- Thomas Klapp (d. 1624) m. Elizabeth ____ (d. 1624); Istha, Hesse-Kassel, Germany
- Giese Klapp m. Catharina Brylande; Istha, Hesse-Kassel, Germany
- Nikolaus Klapp m. Elizabeth Potter; Istha, Hesse-Kassel, Germany
- Johann Jost Clapp (b. 1669) m. Anna Margretha ____; Istha, Hesse-Kassel; Weisenheim am Burg, Rheinland Pfalz, Germany
- John Ludwig Clapp (ca. 17111777) m. ca. 1735 Anna Margaret ?Strader (17171785); Oley, Pa.; Guilford Co., N. C.
- Jacob Clapp (17491832) m. 1772 Anna Barbara Foust (17521837); Guilford Co., N. C.
- John Ludwick Clapp (17851862) m. (2) Elizabeth Friddle (17941891); Guilford Co., N. C.; German (now Liberty) Twp., Darke Co., Ohio
- Tempa Clapp (18241909) m. ca. 1857 John M. Lutz (18281869); Neave Twp., Darke Co., Ohio; Ward Twp., Randolph Co., Ind.
The finest published genealogy of this family is Joseph H. Vance, Albright, Clapp, Burk Families, Including: Philip and Anna (Clapp) Albright, Their Ancestors and Descendants (Lombard, Ill.: author, 1987), 242-69. Although Vance does not reference most of his facts, most of the research was clearly conducted in the records of the Brick Church in east-central Guilford County, North Carolina. The first three generations, based on preliminary research in Germany, should be regarded as provisional.
No additional information about the Potter and Brylande families is available.
Austin W. Spencer | email: email@example.com