63. Van Vleet
- Adriaen Gerritsen Van Vliet (ca. 1625aft. 1689) m. Aegje Jans Spruyt (d. aft. 1687); Kingston, N. Y.
- Dirck Van Vliet (ca. 16501702) m. 1685 Anna Andriesen (d. aft. 1721); Kingston, N. Y.
- Arie Van Vliet (b. 1686) m. Geertjen Masten (b. 1687); Kingston, N. Y.
- Benjamin Van Vliet (1723aft. 1794) m. 1748 Magdel Oosterom (ca. 1728aft. 1794); Kingston, Poughkeepsie, Schenectady, N. Y.
- Benjamin Van Vleet (17661861) m. 1788 Annatje/Hannah Heemstraat (17661853); Schenectady, Truxton, N. Y.; Medina Co., Ohio
- Benjamin Van Vleet (ca. 17891861) m. (1) Nancy ____ (ca. 1796aft. 1838); Truxton, N. Y.; Medina Co., Wayne Co., Ohio
- Jacob Van Vleet (18261904) m. 1844 Elizabeth Stowe (ca. 1828aft. 1870); Medina Co., Ohio; Eaton Co., Mich.
- Emma Lenora Van Vleet (18491922) m. 1868 Hobson Sinclair (18471922); Sunfield Twp., Eaton Co., Mich.
There is no authoritative treatment of my line of descent from this family in print. The best general account of the early generations is Allison van Vliet Dunn, A Genealogy of the van Vliet Family in America (Berkeley, Calif., 1972), 5-11, which borrows heavily from a report prepared for Edward Braman of Hyde Park, New York, and published in Commemorative Biographical Record of Dutchess County, New York (Chicago: J. H. Beers & Co., 1897), 406-14. These writers do not always give exact citations, and neither carries the lineage for more than four generations. Less detailed accounts of the family also appear in Genealogy of the Descendants of Cornelius Van Fleet and His Wife Sarah Shipman (1939; transcr. Katharine M. Chamberlain, Washington, D. C.: Louisiana Chapter DAR, 2004), for two generations in America, and James A. Van Fleet, Four Centuries Americans: Van Fleet/Van Vliet/Van Vleet Family History, 16342001 (Bowie, Md.: Heritage Books, Inc., 2002). The PDF essay linked below summarizes my research in documentary sources on this family. Although I necessarily pursue only one child in each family, I also attempt to provide basic chronological information on all of my ancestors other children and their spouses.
No further information on the Spruyt and Stowe families is available at this time.
Austin W. Spencer | email: email@example.com