- Martin Weidknecht (ca. 16011671) m. Barbara ____ (ca. 16071687); Adelshofen, Baden, Germany
- Hans Andreas Weidknecht (ca. 16441708) m. (1) Catharina Weidknecht (ca. 16481675); Adelshofen, Baden, Germany
- Michael Andreas Weidknecht (1672ca. 1712) m. Margaretha Barbara Erich (ca. 1670aft. 1726); Adelshofen, Baden, Germany; New York City, N. Y.
- Johann Georg Weidknecht (1700ca. 1783) m. (1) ____; Somerset Co., N. J.
- Cornelius Whitenack (17321813) m. Catharine Williamson (ca. 17371816); Somerset Co., N. J.
- Isaac Whitenack (17691811) m. Rachel Stout (d. aft. 1823?); Somerset Co., N. J.
- Cornelius Whitenack (17931860) m. 1816 Mary Kise (18001887); Somerset Co., N. J.; Warren Co., Ohio
- Mary Whitenack (18291912) m. 1848 David Sheets Harker (18271907); Ward Twp., Randolph Co., Ind.
There is no authoritative treatment of my line of descent from this family in print, though parts of the lineage have received expert attention. The German origins
were first printed in the 1980s, with Henry Z Jones Jr., The Palatine Families of New York: A Study of the German Immigrants Who Arrived in Colonial New York in 1710, 2
vols. (Universal City, Calif., 1985), 2:1070-3, concentrating on Andreas, and Annette Kunselman Burgert, Eighteenth Century Emigrants from German-Speaking Lands to North
America, vol. 1, The Northern Kraichgau, Publications of the Pennsylvania German Society, vol. 16 (Breinigsville, Pa.: Pennsylvania German Society, 1983), 386, focusing
on male relatives of his mother. The entries related to this family from the church books of Adelshofen, not all of which are described by Jones and Burgert, have been scanned,
transcribed, and compiled by Don Whitnah, Whitnah Family Heritage, online <http://user.xmission.com/~whitnahd/>.
Cornelius Whitenacks family Bible was first published in Donald A. Sinclair,
Bible Records in Rutgers University Library, Genealogical Magazine of New Jersey
21 (1946): 90-6, at 91-2.
In the more recent generations, however, and in establishing the parentage of the youngest Cornelius (gen. 8), I worked largely independently. The PDF essay linked below summarizes my research in documentary sources on this family. Although I necessarily pursue only one child in each family, I also attempt to provide basic chronological information on all of my ancestors other children and their spouses.
Austin W. Spencer | email: email@example.com