- Ens. Thomas Willmarth (d. 1694) m. (1) Elizabeth Bliss (16151676); Rehoboth, Mass.
- Sgt. John Willmarth (d. 1719) m. (1) 1672 Ruth Kendrick (16491706); Rehoboth, Mass.
- Dea. John Willmarth (16851774) m. 1711 Hannah Hunt (16931781); Rehoboth, Mass.
- John Willmarth (1714bef. 1797) m. 1736 Dorothy Ormsbee (1715aft. 1797); Rehoboth, Mass.
- Capt. Shubael Willmarth (17391809) m. (1) 1763 Mary Bosworth (17411790); Rehoboth, Adams, Mass.
- Col. Henry Willmarth (17821861) m. (3) 1813 Cynthia Brown (17941873); Cheshire, Adams, Mass.
- Henry Brown Willmarth (18141887) m. 1849 Jeannette Young (James) Brown (18251896); Chicago, Ill.
- Jean C. Willmarth (18541943) m. 1877 Horace Waldo Carter (18541884); La Grange, Ill.
There is no general treatment of the male descendants of Thomas¹ Willmarth. Limited treatment, for three generations from his son John, is provided by William B. Saxbe Jr., Richard Bowen, 1594?1675 of Rehoboth, Massachusetts and His Descendants, 3 vols. (Hope: Rhode Island Genealogical Society, 20115), which is also relevant for the maternal ancestry of Mary Bosworth. The PDF essay linked below summarizes my prior research on this family, dating mainly to 2003. Compared to Saxbe, I have made similar use of the standard collection of Rehoboth vital records, James N. Arnold, Vital Record of Rehoboth, 16421896: Marriages, Intentions, Births, Deaths (Providence, R. I.: Narragansett Historical Publishing Co., 1897), and of the standard abstracts of Bristol County probate records, H. L. Peter Rounds, comp., Abstracts of Bristol County, Massachusetts Probate Records, 16871745 (Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1992); H. L. Peter Rounds, Abstracts of Bristol County, Massachusetts Probate Records: Book 2, 17451762 (Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1988). Saxbe also uses land records to a greater extent than I have. Unfortunately, he does not always follow the recent literature closely enough to avoid some mistakes that arise from shortcomings in the published sources. For this reason, it is worth consulting his Additions and Corrections, at 2:651-80, 3:575-95. Although I necessarily pursue only one child in each family, I also attempt to provide basic chronological information on all of my ancestors other children and their spouses.
- Willmarth.pdf is extended for one generation to provide chronological information on the Carter family that is not included in standard publications.
Austin W. Spencer | email: firstname.lastname@example.org