- Peter Hoyl (17101761) m. 1730 Susanna Catharina Müller (17141787); Anson Co., N. C.
- Michael Hoyl (17381793) m. Margaret [Dellinger?] (ca. 17451827); Lincoln Co., N. C.
- John Hoyl (ca. 1775aft. 1834) m. (2) 1805 Dorothy Wells (ca. 1782aft. 1825); Lincoln Co., N. C.
- John Hoyl (ca. 18181867) m. 1842 Margaret Hodge Cope (18201890); Blount Co., Tenn.
- Dorothy E. Hoyl (18521903) m. 1881 David Widler Spencer (18551916); Montgomery City, St. Louis, Mo.
There is no authoritative treatment of my line of descent from this family in print. The PDF essay linked below summarizes my research in documentary sources on this family. Although I necessarily pursue only one child in each family, I also attempt to provide basic chronological information on all of my ancestors other children and their spouses.
No additional information on the Cope family has been found at this time.
Austin W. Spencer | email: email@example.com