- John Goodale (ca. 15091546) m. Anne ____ (d. aft. 1547); Fincham, Norfolk, Eng.
- Thomas Goodale (ca. 15391579) m. Emme ____ (d. 1616); Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, Eng.
- John Goodale (15661625) m. (1) 1587 Bridget Portler (d. 1607); Downham, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, Eng.
- Richard Goodale (15941666) m. Dorothy Witrents (ca. 15951665); Salisbury, Mass.
- Ann Goodale (ca. 16181678) m. ca. 1639 William Allen (ca. 16101686); Salisbury, Mass.
George E. Williams, A Genealogy of Some of the Descendants of Richard Goodale of Newbury, Mass. (Hartford, Conn.: author, 1983), 1-6, is a basic genealogy for Richards descendants in the male line. The English origin was first developed by Walter Goodwin Davis, John Goodale of Great Yarmouth, American Genealogist 22 (1945/6): 17-21. Myrtle Stevens Hyde, Additions to the Family of Richard¹ Goodale of Salisbury, Massachusetts, American Genealogist 85 (2011): 134-40, expands upon Davis, but questions the assignment of a maiden name to Richards wife.
No additional information on the Portler and Witrents families is available at this time.
Austin W. Spencer | email: firstname.lastname@example.org