- Hans Specht (d. 1634) m. ca. 1610 Vaja ____ (d. aft. 1629); Waldrems, Württemberg, Germany
- Georg Specht (d. bef. 1652) m. 1628 Maria (Bäuerle) Schoch (d. aft. 1633); Kirschenhardthof, Württemberg, Germany
- Hans Specht (16291693) m. 1652 Catharina Kuhhorn (ca. 16281704); Waldrems, Württemberg, Germany
- Jerg Specht (1667aft. 1713) m. 1696 Veronica Bäuerle (16731745); Waldrems, Württemberg, Germany
- Catharina Elisabetha Specht (16991772) m. 1723 Johann Michael Treffz (17001769); Fürstenhof, Württemberg, Germany
The basic compiled accounts for most generations of this family are found in Burkhart Oertel, Ortssippenbuch der württemburgischen Kreisstadt Backnang, 4 vols., Deutsche Ortssippenbücher, ser. A, vols. 262, 263, 354, 392, and Reihe Württembergischer Ortssippenbücher, vols. 40, 41, 60, 72 (Neubiberg and Frankfurt am Main, Germany: compiler, 19992005), 3:154. However, some key events are omitted from that text because they occurred and were recorded, not in Backnang, but in the nearby parish of Erbstetten: Evangelische Kirche Erbstetten, Dekanat Backnang, Kirchenbücher, Landeskirchliches Archiv Stuttgart (www.archion.de/en, Stuttgart, Germany: Kirchenbuchportal GmbH, 20139):
- 26 Jan. 1619: Leonhardt Schoch, the single son of Alexander Schoch, deceased, of the Obernhoff in Stiftsgrund, and Maria Päurlin, the single daughter of Leonhardt Päurlin of Maubach, deceased, were married (Band 2, unpaged, image 108 recto, sixth entry).
- 6 Aug. 1626: Lienhardt Schoch, of the Obernhoff in Stiftsgrundhof, was buried, aged 30 years (Band 1, unpaged, image 20 verso, sixth entry).
- 11 April 1628: Gerg Specht, son of Hans Specht of Waldrems, and Maria, widow of Leonhart Schoch of Stiftsgrundhof, were married (Band 2, image 114 verso, second entry).
- 5 Feb. 1629: Johannes, child of Gerg Specht and his wife
Maria Leonh Shoch,was baptized, with sponsor Johannes Paludanus of Winnenden (Band 2, image 36 recto, twelfth entry).
- 14 Nov. 1652: Hans Specht, the son of Jerg Specht of the Kirschenhardthof, deceased, and Catharina, the single daughter of the late Hans Jerg Kühehorn of Vaihingen an der Enz, were married (Band 2, image 118 recto, fifth entry).
Maria had other children with both husbands, of which her last was baptized in 1633 (Band 2, image 39 verso, fourth entry).
Austin W. Spencer | email: email@example.com