839, 845. Killam
- William Killam (d. ca. 1586) m. Clemence ____ (d. aft. 1566); Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk, Eng.
- Henry Killam (15581631) m. 1582 Alice Goodale (d. 1624); Bury St. Edmunds, Dennington, Suffolk, Eng.
- Austin (Augustine) Killam (d. 1667) m. 1619 Alice Gorbolde (d. 1667); Wenham, Mass.
- Lot Killam (16401683) m. 1666 Hannah Goodale (b. 1645); Wenham, Mass.; Enfield, Conn.
- Sgt. James Killam (16771761) m. (1) Patience Collins (d. 1745); Enfield, Conn.
- Hannah Killam (b. 1706) m. 1724 Josiah Wood (1701aft. 1763); Enfield, Somers, Conn.
Useful summaries of the early American generations appear in William Stowell Mills,
The Early Kilhams, New England Historical and Genealogical Register 56 (1902): 344-6, and
Killam Genealogy, Historical Collections of the Essex Institute 49 (1913): at 211-6.
For the two last generations, reference must be made to Francis Olcott Allen, ed., The History of Enfield, Connecticut, 3 vols. (Lancaster, Pa.: Wickersham Printing Co., 1900), esp. 2:1593, 1810.
English ancestors are explored by Sheila Spencer Stover,
New Information about the Ancestry of Austin Kilham/Killam of Dedham and Wenham, Massachusetts, Colonial Genealogist 13, no. 47, reprinted in Augustan Society Omnibus 8 (1987): 74-7, 79, and
Robert Charles Anderson,
Marriages of Promise, American Genealogist 67 (1992): 54.
Alice Goodale, in the second generation above, is apparently the daughter of the widow Elizabeth (____) Goodale of Dennington, who died in 1602 and whose will is abstracted in Henry F. Waters, Genealogical Gleanings in England: Abstracts of Wills Relating to Early American Families, with Genealogical Notes and Pedigrees Constructed from the Wills and Other Documents, 2 vols. (1907; reprint, Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc., 1981), 2:1403-4. She may well be related to Hannah Goodale, whose ancestors came from the same parish, but their relationship is unknown.
No further information on the ancestors of Alice Goodale or Alice Gorbolde is available at this time.
Austin W. Spencer | email: firstname.lastname@example.org